Icehawks home games will be live streamed to the Icehawks YouTube channel (youtube.com/nwicehawks).
All games scheduled for each weekend will be pre-programmed as live events on YouTube. The camera consists of a phone mounted on a tripod. It should be plugged in already to remain charged all of the time. For South Kent, the camera will be located on the filming platform above the scorer's bench. For Canterbury, the camera will be located on the filming platform above the rink manager's office.
To live stream:
- If camera isn't on. Press button at top of phone.
- Press streamlabs icon on home screen.
- Press Go Live button to start a broadcast.
- Where do you want to broadcast to? Click select a platform box. Choose YouTube. Click Next.
- Choose Upcoming Event. Scroll down with your finger to show Next button. Click Next button.
- Choose your game from the list. Scroll down with your finger to show Next button. Click Next button.
- When it asks for a Stream Title, just enter anything. The word test, hello, whatever. (for some reason it asks but it's not used - the name of the event will be used) click Next.
- Decription is not necessary so just click Done.
- Click go live
- When game is done. Click Stop button. Click end YouTube live session check box then click stop button.
Double tapping the screen will change from the front-facing camera to the selfie camera. Unless you want your face on the broadcast, that's probably not what you want! Just double tap the screen again. It will switch back to the front-facing camera.
If the broadcast crashes and goes back to the phone's home screen. Just start over by following the same instructions above. The only difference is that you'll choose "Active Event" instead of and "Upcoming Event" to get the broadcast re-started again.